1. 9/11 Memorial Museum: This was an amazing place that showcased 9/11 in such a memorial way. They did such a good job highlighting those who were effected by 9/11 instead of the hijackers. They really touched on those heroes who stepped in, it made me feel so proud to be an American and how beautiful this country really is. *TIP* if you are a student you get a discount on a ticket. If you go Tuesday nights you could get a free ticket, almost like a lottery drawing.
2. Rent Bikes: Guys this was a LIFE SAVER! Rent some bikes while you’re there, it is so much better than walking place to place. You can rent a bike for $10 for 24 hours. They have drop offs everywhere, a lot of times you are about a mile or so away from where you want to go and subway would take to long and taxi is so much money so it was really nice to rent a bike and see the city that way!
3. Little Italy and China Town: These two places were so fun, they have really authentic food here. I recommend eating in China town and having dessert in Little Italy.
4. Wall Street: This is a fun place where you can take your picture by the bull and see all the business men in their attire. It is exciting to see where all the stocks and exchanges happen!
5. Rockefeller: Grab a bite here, shop the little stores or go ice skating during winter seasons. You will recognize a lot of movies that are filmed here!
6. Time Square: This is a given, but you HAVE to do it. It is insane and well worth the hustle and bustle of everyone. We loved time square, it was so fun to see everything light up and they have some great shopping too.
7. Highline: This is an awesome place to walk and over look the city. It used to have a train run through it and it is now a garden. Tuesday nights they have sky gazing and truck food. yummy.
8. Gansevoort Market: THIS IS A MUST. I loved loved loved this place, they have all the cutest yummiest food booths here. It was such a down to earth place where you can eat almost anything your heart desires.
9. Grand Central Station: This is also a given, but a must. It was so exciting to see this station in real life. It is HUGE and BEAUTIFUL. It was super easy to get to by subway, i highly recommend it.
10. Brooklyn Bride: This was a beautiful area to go to see the city landscape. The bridge is so large and its a short walk to the other side. *TIP* Go when it is about sunset, it is absolutely beautiful!
11. Central Park: This was a life saver, it was so refreshing to find some green grass and just relax. Central park is HUGE and there is so much to do there. They have Shakespearean nights, food, entertainment going on and so much more.
12. Statue of Liberty: We took the free ferry over to Staten Island, this was enough for us because you go right by the statue of liberty for FREE. *TIP* when you go to the ferry you will be hounded like a dog from sales people out front, they will try to tell you that you need a ticket, you’re in a wrong place or they work there. Becareful with these guys, because it is FREE and you don’t need any help… just walk straight in, sit down and wait till the ferry comes. Thats it!
13. Top of the Rock: This was BEAUTIFUL and well worth the money spent. You get a overlook view of the whole city. Just trust me and GO. *TIP* go when it is a hour before sunset, this way you get to see it in the day time and all the city lights on.
14. Chelsea’s Place: This is amazing place to eat also! They have such fun authentic food here, there is a bunch of different places to choose from. Also they have a market inside so if you’re dying for some fresh fruit, this is the place.
15. Radio City Music Hall: This is such an awesome place to site see, you get to walk right in front of where the NFL draft happens, Americas got Talent and so much other tv shows that have been filmed there.
It was so easy to get around everywhere! We used Uber and Lyft mostly to and from the airport. It is a personal driver app that you can download, the great thing it is usually HALF the amount of what a taxi would be. I have a code for both if you want some free ride while you are traveling! Enjoy!!
We used AIRBNB to stay at affordable and darling places in the city! This is locals who will host their places or rentals like a hotel. They have background checks and are put through a process to “host” we found some of the greatest places. We have a $35 coupon link if you sign up on your first stay with AIRBNB. You can see we have used for all over the world… Italy, Greece, Paris, Tennessee, New York ect.. have fun!
Airbnb: www.airbnb.com/c/kharris7?s=8 (will get you $35)
Uber: KATK532UE (will get you $20)
Lyft: KAT559332 (will get you $20)
Getting around is so much easier than people make it seem! Buy a metro card if you’re going to be in the city for awhile. We bought a 7 day unlimited pass even though we were there for less than that. The amount of times we used it, we got our money’s worth in a couple days! Download EMBARK app, this helped us a lot