The avocado adds a creamy twist to this refreshing Margarita. This cocktail is excellent with Mexican and spicy food, but also great on it’s own.
- 5 fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 1/2 ounces Fresh Sour (2 cups fresh lemon juice, 1cup simple syrup)
- Juice of 1/2 pressed lime
- 1 1/2 ounces anejo tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- Tarragon sprig (for garnish)
- 4 barspoons super fine sugar
- 1 1/2 bar spoons sea salt
- Lime wedge
To rim the glass, start by mixing sugar and salt on a small plate. Rim the outside top of the glass with a lime wedge then roll the outside rim of the glass in the sugar/salt mixture. Set the glass aside until you’re ready to pour the drink.
- Peel and cut the avocado into one-inch cubes.
- Add one cube of avocado, five tarragon leaves, Fresh Sour and lime to your mixing glass.
- Muddle all ingredients until the avocado is well mixed.
- Add tequila and triple sec and ice to the tin.
- Shake all ingredients well.
- Double strain into your glass using the strainer on the shaker while pouring contents through a sieve over the glass.
- Garnish with a tarragon sprig.