This is the best Psyllium-Free Low-Carb Bread Recipe. An easy ketogenic bread recipe that makes a beautiful loaf and tastes like sourdough bread.
- ½ cup ground sesame seeds (50 g / 1.8 oz)
- ½ cup flaxmeal (75 g / 2.6 oz)
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- ½ cup unflavoured whey protein or egg white protein powder (Jay Robb) or plant-based such as NuZest (50 g / 1.8 oz)
- 1 cup coconut flour (original recipe asks for ¾ cup + more if needed) (120 g / 4.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp Erythritol or Xylitol (Erythritol has less carbs) (10 g / 0.4 oz)
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F. Place the sesame seeds into a blender and pulse until powdered.
- Put all dry ingredients with exception of the coconut flour. Place the flaxmeal, almond flour, protein powder, garlic powder, …
- … dried oregano, cream of tartar, …
- … baking soda, Erythritol and salt. Mix the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Put the eggs, egg whites and coconut oil in another bowl and mix well with a whisker.
- Add the egg mix and hot water to the dry ingredients and mix well. Or you can use a mixer.
- Slowly add the coconut flour until you get a dense consistency – not liquid and also not too dry . If the mix is too moist add more coconut flour.
- Sprinkle with seeds of your choice.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 min at 180 C / 350 F or until the buns are golden brown.
Nutritional values (per bun)
|of which Saturated||3.5||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7.1%), protein (27%), fat (65.9%)
Recipe By Dalila Dias