The steak of veggie burgers. Serve on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and aioli sauce. Oh yeah! This made a nice tasty lunch! Being a vegetarian doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy delicious burgers . These hearty, meaty portobello burgers are all any burger lover could ask for!
- 6 Large Portobello Mushrooms, stems trimmed and gills removed
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 8 Peppercorns
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 6 Toasted Hamburger Buns
- Carefull poke holes all over the mushrooms, being sure to not break them. Place them in a large baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the wine, shallots, garlic, peppercorns and thyme; season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes. Pour mixture over the top of the mushrooms. Cover and marinate for two hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove mushrooms from liquid and grill for five minutes on each side; discard liquid.
- Serve with toasted buns and all your regular fixings!