Acorn Oreo balls are simple to make all you need is Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and melted chocolate to make a delicious Oreo cookie balls.
- 1 package peanut butter oreos, pulsed in food processor
- 1 package regular cream cheese, softened
- chocolate candiquik
- 1 tbsp crisco
- Brown sprinkles, I used chocolate flakes
- Pretzel sticks, broken into small pieces
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Put half of the oreos in the food processor and pulse until you have oreo crumbs. Add the other half of the oreos to the food processor and pulse again, until all the oreos are fine crumbs.
- Once the cream cheese is soft, mix the oreos and cream cheese together, making sure the mixture is very well blended.
- Use the tablespoon to measure the oreo mixture and form it into acorn shapes. I used a little bit more than 1 tbsp for each acorn. To make an acorn shape, form the mixture into an elongated ball, then pinch one end to make it slightly tapered.
- Place the acorns on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place them in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After the acorns are hard, begin to melt the chocolate candiquik in a double broiler. You will need a double broiler to keep the chocolate warm while dipping all of the acorns. I prefer to remove 3-5 acorns from the freezer at a time for dipping. To dip, place 1 acorn in the saucepan with melted chocolate. Use a spoon to spoon chocolate on top of the acorn, if needed. To remove the acorn use a fork to lift it out of the chocolate. To remove excess chocolate from the acorn on the fork, tap your wrist 2 times with your other hand. Scrape the bottom of the fork on the edge of the saucepan to remove more chocolate, then move the acorn to another baking sheet lined with wax paper using a toothpick to help get the acorn off the fork smoothly.
- Continue this process until all of the acorns are dipped. Allow them to harden at room temperature.
- To add the chocolate sprinkles, dip the top portion of the acorn into the chocolate then dip that portion into a bowl with chocolate sprinkles.
- To add the pretzel, dip one end of the pretzel into the chocolate and press it into place.
- Return the acorns to the baking sheet to allow the pretzels to set.