This Keto Mediterranean Chicken Skillet is a quick flavor filled recipe you’ll keep coming back to over and over again! Packed with vegetables, tender chicken, and plenty of garlic and basil, this is one the whole family will love low-carb or not!
Aren’t one pan dinners the best? Low on the mess but high on the flavor you can’t go wrong. I like to serve this dish with a large side salad or some cauliflower rice with an extra squeeze of lemon juice.
Hands-on20 minutes Overall25 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving)
Total Carbs 14.5 grams
Fiber 7.6 grams
Net Carbs 6.9 grams
Protein 40.9 grams
Fat 27.5 grams
of which Saturated 4.3 grams
Energy 463 kcal
Magnesium 94 mg (23% RDA)
Potassium 1,254 mg (63% EMR)
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6%), protein (37%), fat (57%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
. 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
. 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch (2 cm) pieces
. 1 ½ tbsp Greek seasoning (see note)
. 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, or to taste
. 4 garlic cloves, minced
. ½ cup diced yellow onion (80 g/ 2.8 oz)
. 1 cup cherry tomatoes (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
. 14 oz can artichoke hearts (240 g/ 8.5 oz after draining)
. ½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
. ½ lemon, sliced
. ⅓ cup kalamata olives (33 g/ 1.2 oz)
. 8 oz sliced white button mushrooms (227 g)
. large handful spinach (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
. 2 tbsp chopped basil, for topping
. 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, for topping (60 ml)
Note: Instead of 1 ½ tbsp of Greek seasoning, you can make your own. Simply combine 1 tsp dried oregano, ½ tsp dried thyme, ½ tsp dried mint, ½ tsp dried basil, ¼ tsp dried marjoram, ½ tsp onion powder and ¼ tsp garlic powder.
1. Prep all of your vegetables by juicing and slicing the lemon, slicing the mushrooms, mincing the garlic, dice the onion, etc.
2. Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add in the chicken, sprinkle with salt and Greek seasoning. Cook 5 – 7 minutes until golden and cooked through, transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
4. Add in the artichokes, mushrooms, olives, lemons (or leave them for garnish), lemon juice, and tomatoes cook 4-5 minutes until mushrooms start to soften. Chop the basil.
5. Add the chicken back to pan and toss to combine. Add in the spinach cooking one minute longer to slightly wilt.
6. Garnish with lemon slices, top with basil and drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
Serve immediately or let it cool down and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.