Not only is Fat Head Pizza With Pepperoni And Jalapeños absolutely fabulous, delicious and low carb. It is wheat free, grain free, and better than any regular pizza you will ever taste – Fat Head pizza is seriously amazing. Fat Head pizza is incredibly rich, but that’s the point, you cannot overindulge. Most people can only handle one, or possibly two, slices. Add a side salad and you’ve got a great night movie meal.
Fat Head Pizza Base:
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese (170 g/ 6 oz)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (56 g/ 2 oz)
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp almond flour (85 g/ 3 oz)
- extra virgin olive oil for flattening the dough
- ¼ cup sugar-free Marinara sauce (60 g/ 2 oz)
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese (58 g/ 2 oz)
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese (30 g/ 1 oz)
- 3 oz pepperoni (85 g)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced (28 g/ 1 oz)
- fresh basil
- Start by making the pizza crust. Place the grated mozzarella cheese into a bowl and add the cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix with a spatula and microwave on high for another 30 seconds. Mix again.
- Add the egg and combine well. Add salt, almond flour and mix until well combined
- Place the dough on a heatproof baking mat and use your hands to flatten ..
- Until ¼ – ½ inch (½ – 1 cm) thick. Spray some olive oil on your hands to prevent the dough from sticking. Alternatively, you can use a piece of parchment paper on top and roll the dough out until thin. Dock the dough with a fork and bake in the oven preheated to 425 F/ 220 C for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the marinara sauce on top.
- Add grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and top with pepperoni slices (2 at a time) and sliced jalapeño peppers. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil. Slice and serve hot or cold.
Nutritional values (per 2 slices, ¼ pizza)
|of which Saturated||14.7||grams|
|Magnesium||86||mg (22% RDA)|
|Potassium||360||mg (18% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (23%), fat (73%)
Recipe By Martina Slajerova