Perhaps you only think of spices as something you add to food to make them taste better. But there are actually some that can be a real boost to the body, and help it rid itself of toxins. You can use these spices as a part of a larger detox effort, or used as part of your daily routine to keep the body functioning well. Just be sure to check the side effects of each one, because some of them can be quite potent and you don’t want the side effects to outweigh the benefits they have. Some people will be more likely to be affected by these spices than others, depending on several factors, so try them in small amounts before using more.
Cilantro is a plant that is often used in traditional foods to add a delicious flavor.
It offers many great benefits for your body. Cilantro helps:
- Renovate and optimize the antioxidant function of the liver,
- Eliminate toxins and strange compounds in the body faster,
- Help to improve digestion and alleviate troubles that come from unhealthy foods,
- Protect the liver from exposure to heavy metals like lead,
- Eliminate mercury, lead, and aluminum from the contents of some foods,
- Seeds from cilantro help to reduce cholesterol in the blood.
We recommend that you include a pair of cilantro sprigs in your green smoothies or stews.
Turmeric helps to protect the liver from damaged caused by free radicals, parasites, and toxins.
Since the liver is a fundamental part of the body’s cleansing process, you run a great risk of illness if you don’t ensure that it’s constantly cleaned.
A great way to do this is by drinking turmeric tea twice a week.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (5 g)
- 1 glass of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water to a boil, add the turmeric and then turn off the heat.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Drink immediately.
Drinking this tea will also provide you with the following benefits:
- Sores, cuts, and bruises will heal quicker,
- Reduces the possibility of developing cancer,
- Increases the amount of antioxidants,
- Cleans your blood.
Cardamom is a spice that comes from India and is well known for its ability to calm upset stomachs.
In addition to using it to enrich the flavor of your dishes, it is a great idea to make it a part of your daily detox routine. The best thing about cardamom is that it eliminates harmful bacteria without getting rid of the good bacteria.
This is an excellent quality given the fact that the majority of commercial medications have the disadvantage of equally destroying beneficial and harmful bacteria.
By including cardamom in your diet, you will notice:
- A better appetite,
- Prevention of gastritis or better control of it if you already have it,
- Better heart health,
- Decreased fats in the liver.
How do I consume cardamom?
- Use it directly in your dishes. Since it’s a spice that’s not often used in our traditional meals, it may be difficult to incorporate it. However, if you are given the opportunity to try out new flavors, you’ll discover some interesting new alternatives.
- Eat sweets that have it in them. The flavor of cardamom makes it ideal to combine it with sweet foods, especially bitter chocolate. In specialized stores you can find tablets of these two ingredients; just try to consume only a small piece.
- Make tea with a teaspoon (5 g) of cardamom in a glass (200 ml) of boiled water and drink twice a week.
These dry plants are famous in the kitchen and there are excellent reasons to use them if you don’t already.
Cloves have antioxidant and detoxifying properties at the cellular level. This improves the cells ability to manipulate and filter toxins.
Hepatic cells, or hepatocytes, are in charge of eliminating toxins from the blood and are usually the most affected by poor diet and unhealthy habits.
The best way to take advantage of clove’s benefits is to eat it directly after grinding it or liquefying it.
Cinnamon is known for the following properties. It:
- Is an antioxidant,
- Purifies the blood,
- Helps to control high blood pressure,
- Reduces oxidative stress,
- Repairs the cells.
So that the cinnamon really helps you to eliminate toxins from the body, it is necessary that you consume it without sugar. The best way is to drink one cup of cinnamon tea each day, without sweetening it.