“Broiling the tomatillos gives this salsa a subtly smoky taste. If you are sensitive to spicy food, remove the seeds from the peppers. This Deliciosa Salsa Verde is perfect as both a dip for taco chips and to top enchiladas suizas.”
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tomatillos – husked, peeled, and halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon white sugar
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Place tomatillos cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Broil in preheated oven until slightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer tomatillos to a food processor with cilantro, onion, jalapeno pepper, serrano pepper, lime juice, and sugar; pulse until well mixed.
Source All Recipes