Many of our recipes are interpretations of classic dishes. Here we’ve reworked an Italian favourite, spaghetti bolognese, to make it more nutrient dense while still enjoying the rich flavours and textures that we all love.
- 800 g ground beef (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- ¼ cup red pesto (65 g/ 2.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 2-4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt or to taste
Serve with zucchini noodles:
- 4 medium zucchini (one per serving), sliced using a julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer (800 g/ 1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- If you’re using frozen meat, keep it outside the fridge to slowly defrost.
- Place the meat in a hot pan greased with ghee (keep some ghee for cooking zoodles) and cook for 5-8 minutes or until browned from all sides.
- Add red pesto, freshly chopped parsley, salt and cook on medium heat for 3-5 more minutes. When done take off the heat and transfer into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, create zucchini “noodles”. Chop the soft core of the zucchini and add it to the zoodles.
- Transfer the zoodles into the saucepan greased with the remaining ghee. Cook briefly for 2-5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the meat and mix in well.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||18.9||grams|
|Magnesium||83||mg (20% RDA)|
|Potassium||1191||mg (60% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (24%), fat (73%).