These low carb barbecue ribs are so tender, they practically fall apart in your mouth. And a little sugar-free Spicy Chocolate BBQ Sauce makes them out of this world! These ribs came out absolutely awesome! The BBQ sauce tastes like a sauce you’d get at a restaurant.
- 2 average racks pork ribs (1.6 kg / 3.5 lb, will yield about 50% meat)
- 1 medium shallot or ½ medium white onion (60 g / 2.1 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1 tsp salt (smoked works best)
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper (I used white)
- Optionally: serve with Spicy Chocolate BBQ Sauce (+ 1.8 g net carbs / 2 tbsp)
- Prepare the ribs the night before (or at least a couple of hours in advance). First, chop them into pieces.
- Now, let’s prepare the marinade. Place all other ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Cover the ribs in the prepared marinade and place them in the fridge overnight (or at least a few hours).
- Preheat the oven to medium-low 150 C / 300 F. Place the marinated ribs in the oven and cook slowly for 60-75 minutes.
- When the ribs are cooked, turn the oven off and take them out. You can also half-open the oven and leave the ribs in until you’re ready to eat. You can serve them with BBQ sauce or ketchup (sugar-free!). If you have trouble finding a good low-carb BBQ sauce, try Spicy Chocolate BBQ Sauce (+ 1.8 g net carbs / 2 tablespoons)!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||13.5||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (2.1%), protein (26.6%), fat (71.4%)
Recipe By Martina Slajerova